Tuesday 6 September 2011

Baby Steps

Well I tried...
Showed up at my most local open mic last night, guitar in hand, ready and willing to break my open mic duck (as it were).  The place was packed (unlike last month when I'd just come to listen) and a wonderful group of young women were making a fab sound - 4 part harmonies and different acoustic instruments..  I think that they were called The Folk and I'll certainly be looking out for them.
As I was saying - packed, too packed it would appear for me to get a slot...  The organisers tried, and later in the evening offered to put me on, but by then I'd had a few too many beers and luckily my good sense somehow prevailed.  Still, I made lots of new contacts, showed my face about, and got the promise of a slot next month so we will see.
Watch this space

P

No comments:

Post a Comment