Monday 25 July 2011

Gear Acquisition Syndrome

Last week, after being delayed for 2 months my new toy arrived - A VHT Ultra Guitar amp.  It has all been a bit frustrating, the cab arrived 2 months ago and was entirely useless without the amp head, which has finally shown up.  Now this is my first real guitar amp, I had a little practice amp many moons ago, but have been quite happy with my Behringer Vamp 2 for the last few years.  However, I cannot overstate the difference of playing through a real amp - wow!  Its not particularly loud (well that is I'm not playing at a high volume - it can go very loud :-)  but it behaves so differently (and is really showing up all the problems with my technique).  I won't review the amp - I'm not experienced enough to do so but it really is putting a smile on my face.
Anyway the point of this article was (supposed to be) that after the arrival of the amp I was complete, no requirements left, I was ready to record and get on with making music.  And then this morning an email arrived telling me that the Alesis ipad dock is available, I was weak, I had an Amazon voucher from my birthday, and a new ipad as a shock birthday present from my wife...  So now another new toy will arrive in a few days, and I can put off actually making some music once again while I work out how best to integrate it into my studio.  You can expect a review soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment